We hope you had a lovely weekend fashion lovers! We’ll be here every Monday to introduce you to an individual from the team here at Shoppalu. We all have an adoration for vintage fashion, however, we’ve decided to dig a little bit deeper and give insight to our own personal attributes and aesthetics.
This week, we introduce you to Janice. Take a look below at how she answers some questions about herself, vintage clothing, and Canadian fashion.
1. What is your role as being a part of Shoppalu?
2. How did you get involved with Shoppalu?
I founded the website two years ago and have been involved ever since.
3. What do you enjoy most about working with Shoppalu?
I enjoy choosing the creative direction of the site the most. I love working with our team and deciding on blog posts, to brands we will try, and to editorial themes.
4. If you could choose one period of fashion to go back in time to and experience, which would you choose?
I would go back to the 1920s. I love the flapper era and a time when hand beading and details were pertinent to fashion.
5.What do you consider one staple piece that you currently have in your closet?
My studded vintage denim vest. It’s a really fun piece that goes with everything.
6. Who would you say is your fashion icon?
This is a hard question. I think Alexa Chung, Solange Knowles, Liz Taylor are some of my fav.
7. Which fashion house do you admire most?
I love Bottega Veneta. I love the boho feel and intricate details and at the same time how stylistically simple it is.
8. If you could describe your style in just a couple of words, what would you say?
Versatile mix of classics and vintage with a grunge edge.